Sunday, December 16, 2012

Museum of art & design





(interior entrence of art and design museum)
      On friday, along with the Frick collection, my class and I went to the Museum of art and design. It was also a cool museum because one design stuff ourselves in a craft room upstair. It was really cool to see how none of the designs that my class created was the same.  Another thing that really found my curiousity was the importated fabric that was in the museum. It was from Shangri La  and the Middle East. The three clothing designs that where on display where really nice and had alot of good details on it. It looked really complicated and I was shocked that the embroidery designs was actually sewn by hand. One was a a burgandy Robe with gold embroidery designs all throught the back. It was really special and it must of taken quite some time to make but the result was vey detailed. Probably worth the time it took. The Robe I later find out was a wedding robe. Brides would wear them when they where to marry. That must be a royal wedding then I assum.  The rugs design that hung on the wall next to the robes were pretty awesome too, very middle eastern looking. I loved the designs as well.
     I recomend this museum because it was really good and I liked it. However, I would of wanted to see more the museum and floors to get a better looks at all of the cultural displays there was in the museum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment