Tuesday, December 18, 2012

MY second favorite museum

         
           Yesterday, I went to the Guggenheim museum.  It was really lovely and has a really cool set up. It's a spiraling museum that contain 7 floors of art. The paintings where really pretty though however some I didn't understand much of because the painting itself looked weird and sort of blob like. However it also caused me to pause at that specific blob like painting and try to figure it out like a jigsaw puzzle to see if it makes sense. I also like that fact that the museum gives you free audio tapes that tell you a little about the painting itself  when you punch in the specific number according to the painting.  This was really helpful in understanding.
          I recommend this museum because it is really awesome and when you're in the lobby and look upward it is really cool to see the spiral. Plus the painting are really nice and have their own flare of color and style. This would probably have to be my second favorite museum so far.

2 comments:

  1. the museum itself sounds incredible! i loved the painting because they all made me think what was the story behind the art. there was a sense of mystery in each of these paintings which i thought was wow! each painting even the minimalism pieces of art work made me feel like there was a sense of tale to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice analogy, very descriptive, it activates my imagination when you write "caused me to pause at that specific blob like painting and try to figure it out like a jigsaw puzzle to see if it makes sense".
    Can you describe one artwork in detail?

    ReplyDelete