Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Whitney Museum

(Inside the Whintey museum)
     Today we went to the Whintey museum. It is a museum of modern art. When we went in, It was pretty big and spacious. It is also very unique and grand. The unique part was how the build and exibit was set up. sort of like a maze feild.  Out of the whole time spent there, 2 of the sulptures really captured my attention. Those two i would have to say where my favorite. One where enormous cigarrette  butt in an ash tray spilling over. The other was a chair covered in fake flowers. some of the painting also didn't quit make sense to me they also intrigued because they where so simple and everyday real life stuff (i.e, a bathroom or a heater) that it puzzled me.
    I recommend it because it's so cool how the building is set up and some of the suplutures aren't that fancy looking or heck even that pretty looking that you would even look twice at.  There are also different sized paintings and supluture for example walking down the stair in the museum the tour guide mention a sulputure that I didn't even notice until he pointed out to our group in a corner on top of a platform above the bottom of the stairs.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a great place to be going. I hadn't went, and your description is a great way to attract anyone!! The sculpture with the Cigarette Butts in the ash tray, sounds very unique, basically creating a sense of addiction. It seems quite puzzling, yes I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved the space it had as well. the more i would roam around it felt like there was no end. though the exit signs stop me from the thought. the rooms where designed in a was where you automatically see the main thing or piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! I think my favorite out of the 3 you mentioned was the flower chair because it reminds me of fantasy movies like Narnia.

    ReplyDelete